Junior Web Developer
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding and development of our client projects. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
Experience Needed: 1 To 3 Years
Career Level: Entry Level (Junior Level / Fresh Grad)
Education Level: Any
Skills And Tools:
- Angular, Vue.JS or React
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining database-driven web applications
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with PHP and opensource technology
- Experience with application development frameworks (Laravel strongly preferred)
- Proficiency with version control methodologies using Git (Gitflow strongly preferred)
- Experience with package/dependency management tools (i.e. Composer, npm, etc.)
- Significant experience with containerization technologies (i.e. Docker)
- Familiarity with continuous integration platforms (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Experience with team collaboration tools such as JIRA/Slack/Trello
- Working knowledge of various relational database management systems; MySQL strongly preferred
- Experience with non-traditional database systems, including MongoDB, Redis, etc. is strongly preferred
- Ability to understand non-technical users’ requirements in an academic environment, and to generate user-friendly solutions quickly within the context of departmental initiatives and division goals
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a complex environment with competing demands Strong communications skills and the ability to collaborate with non-technical users throughout all phases of project design and implementation.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment